Track and Improve Your ICD-10 Progress
- Assess your progress: Establish a point of comparison for each Key Performance Indicator (KPI) you would like to track
- Address your findings: Once you have identified opportunities for improvement, you can develop a feedback system to improve the accuracy of your clinical documentation and code selection; check for any systems issues; and resolve system problems with payers
- Maintain your progress: ICD-10 updates take place annually on October 1, following the same timeline used for ICD-9 updates
Review the General Coding Guidelines on a regular basis. Separate official guidelines are available for:
- Diagnosis codes: 2016 ICD-10-CM
- Hospital inpatient procedures: 2016 ICD-10-PCS and 2017 ICD-10-PCS (effective October 1, 2016)
Visit the ICD-10 website for the latest news and official resources, including the ICD-10 Quick Start Guide, and acontact list for provider Medicare and Medicaid questions.